Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Parker Will Be Here Soon

I cannot believe that it in just a week or two Parker will be here. I will probably be induced the week of the eighth. This pregnancy has absolutely flown by, which I am sure that having Peyton to keep me occupied has contributed to that. Although, the last few weeks seem to be creeping by, I find myself content and just wanting to hang on to these next few weeks as just us where everything we do revolves around Peyton. I really cannot wait to meet Parker and see his sweet face, I already love him so much, but my one main fear is that Peyton is going to feel left out. I feel guilty taking attention away from him. I know that God is going to allow my heart to grow and love both of these boys equally, but it has been Peyton only for the past 3 years. I know that Peyton and Parker will be the best of friends, but at the same time I worry about how Peyton is going to feel while we are in the hospital, what is he going to think when he sees me with Parker for the first time,how is he going to feel when I get home and cannot do for him until I heal. There are so many things running through my head, I just want to be the best mom that I can to both Peyton and Parker. As for now before Parker arrives Peyton is my number one focus. I want him to know that he is loved more than he will ever know, and that eventhough there are many changes about to happen in our family one thing will always be the same he is everything to Eric and I and will always be our first little boy!

3 comments:

Aron said...

Congratulations! It's getting so close. I can't wait to "meet" Parker!

And, just to let you know, I completely remember having every feeling that you described in this post. Don't worry! You will be so in awe of how your heart will grow on that day that you have Parker. Things will most definitely change, but you will all adjust much more quickly than you think. And Peyton will NEVER doubt your love for him! You are a GREAT mom!

Ashley W. said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH Aron! It is nice to hear from someone that has already beent hrough this. I know everything will fall into routine but the thought of Peyton feeling left out tears me up!

amjackson said...

Amen, SISTER!! I'm right there with ya!! We'll call each other and cry together!!