Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Lot Going on

It has been a long time since I last posted. I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery on the 20th. I am doing much better now, it all happened so fast, I will be able to go back to work on Monday. With that being said in the mist of all of this I had to fire Peyton's Nanny after 2 1/2 years. To make a long story short I caught her steeling my pain medication I had from surgery. The lord just seems to work things out, i would have never known had i not been home and Peyton could have been in danger. I do not think this has been going on with her for long, I have beet myself up over the fact of leaving Peyton with her and she is on Pain Medication but we are in and out the house so much I do not think she has been, i am not sure what got into her. She was so dependable, Peyton adored her, I just do not get it! We found this out on Monday I immediately thought what am I going to do with Peyton, he has never stayed with anyone. I was not prepared for this I had it all planned out that Peyton would stay with her until next fall and then go to All Saints for 3k. I immediately thought about A Step Ahead Day School, I had heard so many great things about it. Jackson is their and Ava and both Kelli and Paige say they love it. I called them on Monday afternoon knowing that it would be forever before I could get him in and the director said they had a spot for 2k come available on Friday if I wanted to come look around. I went Monday afternoon and toured the facility, I was very impressed with it and the curriculum that they offer. If it pleased me they really have their stuff together. I went ahead and enrolled him and he will start Monday. I hope that I can survive, Peyton will probably be better off than me. We have been taking him a couple of hours everyday this week and he did not do well Tuesday or Wednesday, but today he did great. It is going to be an adjustment for him and myself but I keep telling myself that everything feel into place so it must be the lord's plan. When I take him in that room, I look at how lost he looks and I feel like someone is ripping my heart out of my chest. I just want to go get him and go home, but it is what is best for him, he needs to be around other children and get used to things before he starts school next year. I guess sometimes what is best for your child is not always what YOU want, that is one thing that makes being a parent such a tough job. Just be thinking about us next week I am not sure I have another tear left to shed, we will see on Monday!

3 comments:

DeAnn Tiller said...

I hate that you had to let Janet go. I know you were devestated! Once he gets adjusted, Peyton will love going to daycare. Weatherly doesn't even cry when we leave her now. Sometimes she will even tell us "bye." I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better!
DeAnn

Hope said...

Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about emergency surgery and nanny firing! I'm glad you are feeling better.

I'm ceratin all will work out with the new school. I've heard great things about it!!

amyop said...

That is awesome there was a spot open! The man upstairs jumped in on that one.
Hope you are feeling better!